Latest Woodworking Blogs

Descriptions Help Us Thrive

Just a small update to highlight the importance of descriptions when new creation is being posted. It should make you pause and encourage your thinking mind before hitting the Submit button: Descriptions help us thrive. Please reflect on the...

Image Processing Pipeline Reclaimed

Our image processing pipleine has been outsourced to a third party company for years. I’m happy to announce that it’s not outsourced anymore and this paves the road for new features. After intense work that touched all internal WoodworkingWeb...

Mobile Navigation Update

Our navigation has not been working properly on mobile. This update fixes it and makes it better too. The notification and message icons are not overlapping logo anymore and logo is now on the left side with all navigation items grouped neatly on...

Marqutery School #4: Home Classes a Success!

My first student has just finished his level one interactive video course and it was a big success. He received over three hours of video instruction and sent me ten videos of his work for critique. We communicated on messenger several times a...

WoodworkingWeb Restart

Life can be full of setbacks and challenges. At least, I say challenges now. Few months ago I’d say problems instead… Most of you know me from the early days of LumberJocks. Those days were full of inspiration and creativity that sculpted one...

Morris chair restoration #5: Assembly: I might be considered square, but this chair certainly wasn’t.

Absolutely nothing was even close to square. The left side of the front rail was ¼” taller than the right side. The legs (front and back) were not square to the frame. You can see that the cushion frame is crooked as it attaches to the...

Morris chair restoration #4: The seat cushion

The seat cushion was really delightful. A couple of separate foam cushions had been added to the chair to make it usable when I was a child, but this is how it looked now. It’s hard to imagine anyone could sit on this with the padding...

Morris chair restoration #3: The back cushion

I removed the mid-20th-century gray marble vinyl to reveal more of the chair’s history. The top cushion’s original upholstery which was under the gray marble vinyl appeared to be an early attempt at Naugahyde – almost like a painted coating...

Morris chair restoration #2: The frame

The wooden frame was much worse than I had realized. Boards had been nailed to the bottom to keep the springs from falling through. The burlap was recycled from a Burlington, Wisconsin Murphy Products feed sack which still had a portion of the...

Morris chair restoration #1: I may have bit off more than I can chew

Disclaimer: Please be aware that just because I have documented this journey does not mean that I have a clue about what I’m doing. Note: The chair is now finished but I decided to document my journey in a blog rather than posting all these...