The person I made this for started out wanting a floor to ceiling,three piece unit. After asking him a list of questions (“Tell me about the room it’s going into” / “Tell me about the lighting in the room” / “What other furniture will be in the room?” / How high are you ceilings?" / Will you be moving this piece to different rooms?" / "Tell me about the flooring …. carpeting? Color? …….. and a boat load of other questions …….) , we finally came up with this design.
When we were finished, he asked my why all the questions? Why hadn’t the folks at the furniture stores asking these questions? My answer was this, “They want to sell you a piece of furniture, not a piece that you’re going to love and cherish for generations.”
- The entertainment center was crafted from rough-cut lumber and Maple ply.
- All trim and molding were handcrafted.
- There are four 100 lbs. full extension drawers to keep DVD’s, CD’s, or electronic devises not in use.
- Reversible shelves (Walnut front / Maple front).
- Magic slides for easy movement on carpeting.
- Hidden storage for electronic cord organization and power strip.
- Brushed nickle pulls.