Made a new Challenge Coin Display for my office this weekend. I didn’t have any of the coins at home so just guessed at the width and depth of the grooves. Next time I’ll make the grooves a bit thinner and deeper. I also had to buy a 1 3/4" forstner bit, but the wood was scrap.
The top, the front angle and the front bottom are 3 separate pieces that I mitered. Would have been much easier to just glue 2 pieces together then cut the angle on the table saw. I had also originally had one additional row but screwing around cutting the miters I ended up having to whittle away one row.
Overall I’m happy with the end result.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men - and women - to do nothing. Burke