With the brith of our second daughter immanent I needed to finish the changing table. We needed it to be space efficient and fit into slot right next to the sinks in the bathroom. I managed to finish the piece a day or so before the brith, but wasn’t able to spend a lot of time on the finish.
The idea behind this project was to use hand tools wherever possible. I did use a jig saw since it turned out that it was really hard to follow a straight line with my Japanese ryoba saw (on the rip cut) and a hand sander b/c .. well sanding and time pressure. I dimensioned the wood all by hand and I am pretty happy with the result.
The belt sander (handheld) did leave some lines as visible in the pictures. I did fix that eventually by going over the piece one more time with the belt sander paying more attention to the pattern I followed.
1,75 years down the line I now clearly see why I should have added bread boards. The table blade is cupping quite visibly.