I meant to keep up a blog series for this but life and stuff… Anyway the whole project is not complete yet but the woodworking part of it is. It took more or less 3 full weekends to make and install the gate and the arch. First time I made a segmented arch. It came out pretty good, if I do say so myself. My only regret is using really cheap lumber. In fact, of I were patient (and a little luckier), I could have made the entire thing out of reclaimed cedar. My next door neighbor threw out his kids playground set. I took the whole thing. I guess I’ll be making more planters. There was enough clean large pieces (4×4s & 2×4s) to do the whole project. Oh well, maybe the timing will be better next time.
The wife will be planting roses next to it and training them up and over the pergola. I can’t wait to see it. Also, I plan to stain it brown.