This is about the only original jig I have made and perhaps the simplest too. Just a flat board with some wooden wedges hot glued to the board and to the log.
- Hot glue wedges onto the flat board and then between the wedges and the log leaving the log edge protruding slightly over the board edge.
- Run through the bandsaw with the board laying flat on the bandsaw table first.
- Turn the board 90 deg. to run it through a 2nd time to make an adjacent flat side running it through with the board against the saw fence.
- Remove the log from the board by knocking off the reusable wedges with a hammer.
- Continue slicing up the log running one flat side against the saw fence with the adjacent flat side on the table.
Mike, an American living in Norway