These are a set of bunk beds made for two of my son’s. The goal was to build a set that would allow clearance between the ceiling fan and my son’s head on the top bunk, so the total height on these is only 60". The second goal was two make them able to be separated into two twin beds eventually when we move out of our 3-1 house. I was able to try new joinery techniques with this one. The headboard and footboards are glued together using mortise and tenon joinery. the diagonal braces were put in using dowels. The long rails slide into mortises, and are then screwed in so that they can be dismantled in the future and moved. Same with the ladder. The finished piece is solid as can be, and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. The ladder still needs to be finished. I ran out of time yesterday, so I just attached it before finishing so that the boys could sleep in their new beds last night. Thanks for looking, and have a great day!
Here are a few pictures from the build. Some may be blurry and out of order…Sorry!