I have my drill stand centered over my jig , which is just a square box ,
with about a 1/16 " play .
So I am missing an element to this jig and that would be…….rubber .
So I rummage through some tool boxes to find a large rubber washer .
No luck . I look throughout the apartment . No luck . I search that.one kitchen
drawer where all kinds of misc, stuff is , oddly ..no rubber . I decided to take
a break and go outside and contemplate how rubber poor I have become .
After a long few minutes , I remember something that might work .
I have a turniquit in my first-aid kit . eureka.
I cut 4 one inch squares and glued them together and placed it
in the bottom of the jig , this did not work either for adequate holding .
So I wrapped the rubber strip down one side of the dowel ,across the bottom,
and backup the other side.
and slipped it back into the jig , that did the trick , and I was ready
to do some high speed drilling without worrying about spin out .
after everything was drilled , it was time to use a small round diamond
file and clean out any debris inside the pipe.
Next, it’s time to glue al the section of the pipe back together .
I used extra thick CA glue with an accelerator .
The joints look good . I simply use my hands and a flat surface and do it by feel.
If the joint comes out uneven , it can be cut out and re glued very quickly .
Time to sand with 320 git again , then glue that cylinder thingy to the bottom of
the bowl, drill through the bowl , clean with file, glue the bowl
to the pipe body.
After a few coats of laquer , I began wrapping the middle of the pipe with
The blue tape covers a small area left unfinished . I needed to file
down a little platform for a figurine to set level .