Drum Sander speed control repair #2: PTL! It works!

I can’t express how thankful I am for all the help in getting my sander’s conveyor running again.

Living in the middle of nowhere, I was unable to find a vendor for the bridge rectifier within an hour of here so I ordered one (actually two) from China for $.99 plus $1.98 shipping. We received them yesterday. My husband soldered one on the circuit board this morning; we reinstalled the speed control; and it runs like new.

We’re both do-it-yourselfers who will try anything, but it certainly helps to have expert advice to do it. Your willingness to help us through this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tags: drum sander repair speed control conveyor supermax thickness sander

View all parts of Drum Sander speed control repair »


6 0
Share Tweet


RobsCastle ...

Nice to hear a fix has been effected,
Did you take an after repair picture?
Now dont lose the spare as the machine will function faultlessly until you do!!

lightweightladylefty ...

Yes, Bruce, my husband did a great job!

Robert, no after photo; couldn’t really tell any difference from the before photo. I did take an in between photo — with the rectifier removed.

“Now dont lose the spare as the machine will function faultlessly until you do!!” I think that must be Murphy’s Law!


lanwater ...

I am happy to hear that it’s fixed L/W.
Pretty cheap too :)

lightweightladylefty ...

Ianwater, Yes, it certainly beats $240.86. I’m pretty sure that the postage they would have charged would have been more than my whole fix!


lightweightladylefty ...

Whitacre, it sounds like you can fix anything! What a great feeling to make something work without getting ripped off by the outrageous prices that companies charge for replacement parts! I’m thankful for all the woodworkers who are willing to share their knowledge.